Sunday, March 22, 2009

Food for the Gray Matter



I have to work today so not much time to do a real entry so here is my meager offering:

I am a quote junkie. I usually pick one or two and roll them over and over in my mind all week. This is the one that I've been pondering all week and thought I'd share it. It's funny how sometimes one little sentence can strip away all the nonsense and just say what we need to hear. I think this is just such a thing. Don't let the best of you die inside.


“Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”


Norman Cousins

11 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, that's a good one, Melissa. I think during the course of my life, there have been times when certain things inside me went to sleep for a while, but they've always woken up. :) I hate to see good people let life beat them down.

Hope your day at work wasn't too bad!

Hugs, Beth

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

A good one for sure. We would all benefit if we pondered that one for awhile. 'On Ya' -ma

garnett109 said...

Thanks for sharing

Cindi said...

;) good one!

Chris said...

Then I'll be your quote dealer....

Check out thinkexist.com. I love searching for quotes on keywords. One of my favorite sights.

For example I will pick a word at random and go find a cool quote from there. Lawn.

“A lawn is nature under totalitarian rule.”

Michael Pollan quotes

Ken Riches said...

The key is whether we choose to let something die, or whether that is something that is forced on us. Like Beth said, sometimes things go to sleep, because there is a chance that they can be awoken :o)

LORENZO said...

Never to late to bring some of it back to life...thanks for sharing.

Paula said...

Nice quote and beautiful purple flowers.

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Very true!

Jeannette said...

Great quote, have a good week

Wes said...

"The anticipation of death is worse than death itself"

Peace&Love
Wes